Essential cookies are required for the operation of our website. Due to their essential role of enhancing or enabling site processes, disabling cookies may affect your user experience of this website.
Non-essential cookies will only be set if you accept and are used to improve the functionality of the website by collecting information and reporting on your use of the website as well as improving your user experience.
1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma In Personal Training
This qualification has been extended until 30 September 2023
This qualification has been extended to allow further review and development of a replacement suite of qualifications.
- Qualification number
- SFA/LAD funding code
- Required age
- 16 +
- Guided learning hours
- Total qualification hours
- Operational start date
- Qualification review date
- Certification end date
The 1st4sport Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training will give your learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to take on the role of becoming a personal trainer.
They will learn about:
- aspects of anatomy and physiology
- designing, delivering and evaluating personal training programmes
- how to promote health, safety and the welfare of others in active leisure and recreation.
Enhancing their understanding of these key topics is an essential step in helping the people they train to work towards and achieve their goals.
This qualification has the support of the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) as an industry-relevant qualification contributing to the industry’s professional framework.
Learners could progress to other related 1st4sport qualifications, for example:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
This qualification may lead to permanent employment as a Personal Trainer. Learners who complete this qualification are eligible to join the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) as a Level 3 member.