Essential cookies are required for the operation of our website. Due to their essential role of enhancing or enabling site processes, disabling cookies may affect your user experience of this website.
Non-essential cookies will only be set if you accept and are used to improve the functionality of the website by collecting information and reporting on your use of the website as well as improving your user experience.
1st4sport Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
- Qualification number
- SFA/LAD funding code
- Required age
- 16 +
- Guided learning hours
- Total qualification hours
- Operational start date
- Qualification review date
- Certification end date
Interested in offering a qualification that allows people to work as an exercise and fitness instructor?
This qualification will give your learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to become a fitness instructor in one of the following disciplines:
- Gym-based exercise. - Exercise to music. - Water-based exercise. - Exercise and physical activity for children.
With this qualification, your learners can have the confidence that they're offering the right support to the people that they coach.
Learners could progress onto the:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Strength and Conditioning for Sport
- 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ in Personal Training
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Physical Development and Physical Activity in the Early Years
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
Potential job roles include:
- Gym instructor; delivering gym inductions and designing health related gym programmes
- Studio instructor; delivering a range of classes for example aerobics or body conditioning. The qualification enables the instructor to then further continued professional development activities to further enhance the range of classes they are able to deliver (for example step classes)
- Aqua aerobics instructor; delivering a water-based aerobics session in shallow water pools
- Children’’s exercise and physical activity instructor; delivering fun activity sessions, within an employment setting.