Essential cookies are required for the operation of our website. Due to their essential role of enhancing or enabling site processes, disabling cookies may affect your user experience of this website.
Non-essential cookies will only be set if you accept and are used to improve the functionality of the website by collecting information and reporting on your use of the website as well as improving your user experience.
1st4sport Level 3 Certificate In Supporting Physical Development and Physical Activity in the Early Years
- Qualification number
- SFA/LAD funding code
- Required age
- 17 +
- Guided learning hours
- Total qualification hours
- Operational start date
- Qualification review date
- Certification end date
This qualification is suitable for people in the early years workforce who are working in physical development for children aged 0-5.
It can help you to grow your knowledge of physical development and gain a key appreciation of the importance of healthy living and physical development for children.
The qualification covers:
- the characteristics of physical development in the early years
- how to communicate progress or concerns
Learners may wish to undertake the following qualifications to further develop their understanding in this area:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Supporting the Delivery of Dance in Physical Education and School Sport
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
This qualification prepares learners for employment in an early years environment such as a nursery, crèche or primary school, and also facilitates career progression. The qualification can supplement the established knowledge of a qualified teaching assistant or higher level teaching assistant (HLTA), as well as an established teacher.