Learn all the basics of netball
Now: £1.40 (GBP)
Understanding Netball helps you to unpick the complex rules, structures and jargon of the sport. It is packed with information to help you, or anyone with an interest in netball, quickly demystify the sport and make learning about it fun.
This great book, suitable for adults and children, players and fans, features:
- an introductory quiz to assess your existing knowledge and help you to zoom into the right sections to help you improve your game
- chapters on the laws of the game, misconduct, skills and much more
- interactive tasks to test your understanding and progression as you work through the chapters
- relevant websites to visit to further your knowledge of netball
- profiles of the netball greats to inspire you to keep practising.
Look out for other titles in this series, covering football, rugby union, rugby league, tennis, hockey and athletics.
- Author: Julia Hickey
- Copyright Year: 2006
- ISBN: 978-1-905540-12-9
- Length: 60 pages
- Chapter 1 - Getting the Most Out of Understanding Netball
- Chapter 2 - Netball Through the Ages
- Chapter 3 - Getting Started
- Chapter 4 - The Basics
- Chapter 5 - The Ingredients of Netball
- Chapter 6 - Following the Progress of a Match
- Chapter 7 - Attacking and Defending Play
- Chapter 8 - Offside, Obstructions and Other Infringements
- Chapter 9 - Playing Advantage, Penalties and Other Sanctions
- Chapter 10 - Finding Out More
- Glossary; Quiz Answers; Bibliography; Index
Julia Hickey is an associate lecturer at Sheffield Hallam University, with responsibility for Adult Basic Education. She is also author of the other titles in the Understanding Sport series.
Anita Navin is a regional head scout for England Netball and assistant coach to the Team Northumbria Super League squad. An England under-21 final triallist on three occasions whilst a player, Anita is currently a senior lecturer and programme leader for Sport Development at Northumbria University, after 11 years of teaching physical education. She holds an MSc in Sport and Exercise Science and is the current England Netball home training coach and head coach for the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme in the North East.