The UK Coaching Framework
Sports Coaching - A 3-7-11 Year Action Plan
Coaching Systems & Government Sport
This document aims to clearly map out and show you the key goals, structures, resources and outcomes for the UK Coaching Framework over three main phases:
- 2006-2008 (three years on)
- 2009-2012 (seven years on)
- 2013-2016 (11 years on).
It helps identify and agree the specific role to be played by the government-designated support/technical agency for coaching, sports coach UK and key partners in government and governing bodies.
The document additionally identifies and agrees the processes and procedures required in order for sports coach UK to provide relevant, cutting-edge services, products and systems that support the coaching process at all levels.
- Copyright Year: 2008
- Executive Summary
- The need for The UK Coaching Framework
- Vision, Values and Guiding Principles
- The 3-7-11 Year Phases of the UK Coaching Framework
- Stategic Action Areas
- Structures, Roles and Relationships
- Key Pillars for Building the Coaching System
- Measuring Progress and Results
- Appendix 1 - The Five Strategic Action Areas and 12 Specific Actions
- Appendix 2 - Roles in Implementation
- Appendix 3 - Programme Governance and Management
- Appendix 4 - Notes related to the Text