Positive Behaviour Management in Sport
Build Positive Behaviour in Sport: A Resource to help you Manage Behaviour Problems in Sport
Coaching Resource to build Positive Behaviour in Sport
This resource introduces you to the subject of positive behaviour management in sport. It helps you learn why unwanted behaviour occurs and how to deal with situations as they arise.
Broken down into manageable sections, you'll discover:
- different ways of tackling unwanted behaviour in sport
- how to create an environment that encourages positive behaviour
- 'Top Tips' that help you recognise what creates a positive coaching environment and what actions encourage acceptable behaviour.
A coach's guidebook to dealing with behaviour problems
Every group and individual is different, and managing behaviour is a hands-on job. Use the examples within this guide to find the best solutions for you and create a positive environment for young people to develop.
- Author: Nicky Fuller, Sue Jolly and Joanne Chapman
- Copyright Year: 2009
- ISBN: 9781905540679
Section 1 - Introduction
Section 2 - Getting the Basics Right
- Creating the mood
- The physical environment
- Building positive relationships
- Behaviour policies and codes
- Your views on behaviour
- Reasons for poor behaviour
Section 3 - Core Foundations of Behaviour Management
- Theories and approaches to behaviour and discipline
- Principles of positive behaviour management
Section 4 - Watch Your Language
- Non-verbal communication
- Language - make it positive!
Section 5 - Making Your Point
- Behaviour tactics and techniques
- If all else fails....sanctions
Section 6 - Working with Others
- Seeking support and reporting incidents
- Working with parents, helpers and assistant coaches
Section 6 - Practically Perfect
- Case studies
- Quick-fire responses
- Role plays
Section 8 - Wanting More?